A. Determining which type of DVI cable to use for your products is critical in getting the right cable the first time. Check both of the female DVI plugs to determine what signals they are compatible with.
- If one or both connections are DVI-D, you need a DVI-D cable.
- If one or both connections are DVI-A, you need a DVI-A cable.
- If one connection is DVI and the other is VGA, and the DVI is analog-compatible, you need a DVI to VGA cable or a DVI/VGA adaptor.
- If both connections are DVI-I, you may use any DVI cable, but a DVI-I cable is recommended.
- If one connection is analog and the other connection is digital, there is no way to connect them with a single cable. You'll have to use an electronic convertor box, available in either analog VGA to digital DVI or digital DVI to analog VGA.